WEEKEND POST 140
Any fun plans for the weekend? Here, a continuous August downpour means the yard is springing up at a prodigious rate. We really should mow the “field” + have a go at the weeds (wearing gloves for this demon apparently), but there’s that rain again…
With two weeks on the road in separate directions on the horizon for me, shutting in for a slowdown — or at least as much of one as I’m capable of — will be welcome. That, and soup.
This little Weekly Suppers number is a silky pureed cauliflower and red lentil soup — not a drop of cream, but tons of flavor from chicken bone stock + sweating the onions and garlic in the rendered fat of our homemade bacon. Fennel fronds + those porky crisps perfectly finish each comforting bowl.
Hope your weekend is eventful in the best way possible. I, on the other hand, promise to (try my best to) be (relatively) unproductive. [She typed dubiously.] Enjoy the updates + weekly round-up of my favorite links from around the webs!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- August is Kids Eat Right Month! Check out all the fun and easy ways for you to get involved.
- Brown bread baked in… wait for it… a bubbling geothermal geyser pit. Whaaaaat?
- Inspired by a children’s story, but more for adults — Goodbye, Christoper Robin.
- Ospreys everywhere are having a rough year!
- The mantra I wish we could all adopt: Collect experiences, not things.
- A new archaeological discovery in eastern France dubbed “Little Pompei.”
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!