WEEKEND POST 132
Hello, Friends! What are your plans this weekend? Looks like the country will sweat it out in unity, some of us luckily saved by rain. But if it thunderstorms, consider forgoing that shower until the skies are clear. EEEEEK!
This Weekly Suppers flashback is brought to you by calcium + ricotta: light, pillowy gnudi. What are gnudi, you ask? Essentially ‘naked’ ravioli — the filling without the pasta. Often bathed in brown butter, I served ours in a springy asparagus, pea and basil-infused stock. The only other change to the original recipe was rolling the uncooked gnudi in besan (chickpea) flour instead of semolina, to try something different + offer a tiny bit more protein. A plated simple green salad + glasses of full-bodied Chardonnay on the side. Cheers to Tuscany for this one!
Happy early Father’s Day to all the amazingly awesome dads, especially ours. Have fun + be safe, and before you get to it, a few links from around the interwebs.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Without even realizing, my Calcium Spotlight + ricotta recipe posts went up in conjunction with Dairy Month — WOO! (MOO?) Here’s to the cows…
- This might be the cheesiest personality quiz of all time.
- Father’s Day is tomorrow, people — a last minute gift for the science-geek dad who has (almost) everything.
- Exploring Sweden’s secret isle.
- Talented, sure, but those mockingbird mimics drive me crazy!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!