WEEKEND POST 130
Last week I finished reading The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. (Perhaps you’ve seen the magical film adaptation?) Irreverent and curious and wondrous, the words and illustrations brought me great joy.
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”
What are you reading (or re-reading) right now? Recommendations welcome for my travels back to Charleston next week!
You know what else brought me joy? This plate from the long holiday weekend. Swordfish caught that morning off the coast of the Outer Banks, filleted and perfectly grilled at home just hours later. We served the steaks atop a cumin-y cauliflower puree with prickly pear-ancho sauce + leaves of fresh oregano. Dreaming of the meal again now.
What fills your agenda this weekend? We only have one day free and together before my work trip, so our hanging-out time will likely consist of errands and yardwork. At least the forecast changed from rain to sun! Hope you have a terrific weekend, and don’t forget the links + updates from the past week below! But first, a final thought from TLP:
“Here, then, is a great mystery… nothing in the universe can be the same if somewhere, we do not know where, a sheep that we never saw has – yes or no? – eaten a rose… Look up at the sky. Ask yourselves: is it yes or no? Has the sheep eaten the flower? And you will see how everything changes…”
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- June is Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month. There are roughly 47 million people living with Alzheimer’s and other dementias around the world. This month, go purple to help raise awareness and inspire action.
- The antithesis of the unicorn latte.
- Dates + pecans + coconut cream for a winning frozen dessert.
- Where do I sign up for forest kindergarten?
- American Bird Conservancy “Bird of the Week” — ours still haven’t returned.
- It’s not easy, especially for me, but sometimes letting go is for the best.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!