WEEKEND POST 122
Do you have anything planned for this weekend? April is wonderfully and lamentably a very, very busy month for both of us, including hours on hours on hours of work travel by car for me, so I am so glad we have a quiet, obligation-free weekend ahead. Catch up on house work, address too-long-put-off garden prep, and maybe, just maybe, time together for a game or two of cribbage or a walk in the sunshine after a s.t.r.e.s.s.f.u.l week.
Last night after #fridaynightpizza (mixed olives, capers, red onion, rosemary and Chevre on a bay-roasted garlic paste and olive oil base) we cozied up on the couch with our bowls of popcorn, glasses of a favorite IPA (being National Beer Day), and enjoyed the offbeat Midnight in Paris. It was a light and easy kind-of-period-kind-of-romantic-comedy flick, perfect to briefly escape from reality with. (Certain now that I suffer from Golden Age Syndrome.)
Hope you have a great weekend, but first, a few updates + fun links from the webs.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- The theme of this April’s Alcohol Awareness Month is Connecting the Dots: Opportunities for Recovery, aimed at increasing awareness and understanding of alcoholism, its causes, effective treatment options, and what a successful, healthy recovery looks like. Find more information about the campaign and treatment options.
- Be the thermostat.
- Restless prey and predators captured in the starlight.
- Nerding out at the incredibleness of these constellation dyed Easter eggs!
- I’m not a father, but these podcast recs are fantastic! We often listen to StarTalk on road trips.
- Do you watch Master of None? Excited for the Under The Tuscan Sun-ish season 2 to drop next month.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Rx Ruby Red Grapefruit Sorbet (dairy-free, egg-free, vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free)
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!