WEEKEND POST 120
I’m dreaming of recreating + improving this lemon meringue pie aquafaba ice cream. It was as dreamy and lemony and cloud-like as it looks, and could potentially dethrone my reigning signature spring dessert. A project for one weekend soon.
Another interest, since I signed my name to the Pulse Pledge earlier this week (join me?), is an energy bite that incorporates lentils. Talk about an out-of-the-box use for these versatile (and super cheap) plant proteins. Kitchen experimenting rules.
What are your plans for the weekend? We’re coming up to the last six days of National Nutrition Month. Are you still following along on Facebook + Twitter? Plenty more tips to come! Don’t miss the links + updates round-up below, and enjoy the beginnings of the new season.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Affecting roughly 1 in 10 American girls and women between the ages of 15 and 44, endometriosis happens when cells from the uterus, or womb, grow in other areas of the female body, which can cause pain, heavy bleeding and trouble getting pregnant. While there is no cure, treatments are available to help with pain and infertility. Learn more during National Endometriosis Awareness Month.
- The squeaky artichoke gets eaten first?
- Video clip of ‘the greatest American migration‘ set to Barber’s “Adagio for Strings” is pretty much the best thing + spurred me to add Rowe Sanctuary in south central Nebraska to my must-visit list. In the meantime, Crane Cam!
- Our world is noisy and busy, but simple and quiet is what I long for.
- The nose knows… and adapts.
- True life footage of my hair if I leave it down on rainy, or otherwise very humid, days.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Smoky Ethiopian Lentils (GF | vegetarian | vegan)
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!