WEEKEND POST 119
It’s been over a year since we were traipsing around and fawning over everything + everyone in Ireland, and won’t lie, I wish we could have stayed. And this spotted in the brightly colored coastal town of Skibbereen (where we bought our fresh mussels)? So great! I mean, when an ad the size of a two-story building suggests it’s Guinness time, who’s to argue?
If you, like us, are celebrating St. Patrick’s culinarily over the weekend instead of last night, here is some HGN recipe inspiration: Multi-grain soda bread for breakfast or lunch. Then beer-steamed mussels with cabbage, leeks and smoky bacon for supper. And dark chocolate flourless stout torte for dessert!
I didn’t have time between our quick prep and the devouring of every last bit to snap a photo for the Weekly Suppers, but we highly recommend this recipe for Cuban grilled chicken breasts with adobo sauce and lime-pickled onions from Food52. Thoughts for next time: definitely marinate overnight for added flavor + serve with more sauce. Still, very good.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- March is Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. Although it’s currently the fourth most common cancer in America and the second leading cause of death from all cancers, 5 out of 10 deaths could be prevented with regular screenings. Learn how you can take preventative action today.
- “Just ask around. It’s fun and [connects you] to the food.” Almost time for the full swing of farmers markets!
- The chemistry of daffodils.
- Open up a bee & bee.
- A different take on March Madness — which brew is best?
- Look for Alphard, the Heart of the Snake, constellation now through May.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!