WEEKEND POST 111
We graduated from pecks to bushels at our favorite seafood market this morning. Later today, the main event, is one we couldn’t miss hosting while living in the coastal South — steam, shuck, slurp — an oyster roast.
Local NC oysters are in season, and should be plump and sweet. Nothing more than lemon wedges, horseradish, hot sauce, and homemade fresh herb butter to garnish, with a couple fresh salads, warm homemade bread, and cold beers on the side.
Right now he’s pressure washing our haul (apparently that’s really a thing), but soon enough we’ll be gathered around the table, sharing warm oysters with friends. Tomorrow, r-e-l-a-x-ing + PACKERS.
Hope you have a terrific weekend planned, and don’t forget to check out the links below, including my newly unveiled HGN series: Nutrient Spotlight!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- January’s Cervical Health Awareness campaign aims to raise awareness about how women can protect themselves from HPV (human papillomavirus) — the most common sexually-transmitted disease — and cervical cancer. Find out how to protect yourself and your loves ones.
- I’m not being a jerk, but your abs are worth laughing about.
- Outsmarting glass ketchup bottles.
- Breweries around the country are already stacking their calendars with new releases.
- Download high-resolution John James Audubon Birds of America prints. For FREE.
- Love cats? You should probably follow this Twitter feed + this Instagram account.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom — the post-inauguration edition.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!