WEEKEND POST 109
We spent the last week and a half of December travelling, dividing our time between family and friends throughout the Midwest. Our brief visit home for the holidays was like one long iteration of a morning coffee that becomes an afternoon outing that becomes a meal around the table that becomes an evening of conversation, games and glasses of beer and wine and cocoa that none of us wants to end.
[Washington Co., Iowa, December 2016]
And just like that we’re back to the “everyday,” struggling to catch up and keep up. This morning, when the rest of the state woke up to dustings of powdery white snow, we have spitting icy rain. Close…
Is your new year off to an organized, energized beginning, or are you feeling sluggish so far like me? I’m sure many of you share this sentiment, so here’s what I’m reminding myself of: It’s not always necessary to know where to start, but to simply start, and to never stop dreaming.
Wishing you a terrific first weekend of 2017 — if there’s snow, play in it a bit for us, then curl up inside with my updates + favorite links below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- The second week in January (8-14 this year) is National Folic Acid Awareness Week. Learn about this B vitamin known mostly for helping women prevent major birth defects of their growing babies’ brains and spines.
- A new French law guarantees workers the “right to disconnect” from technology after leaving work. Yes, please.
- Rhyming is good to pace your walk. Rhyming is good to help you talk.
- Cats, even robotic ones, can make all the difference in the world.
- If you need more proof that cats are amazing companions: A Street Cat Named Bob.
- Eagle babies hatching!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!