WEEKEND POST 95
Do you create goals for yourself? Beyond a daily to-do list, my goal-setting tends to tag along with strenuous activity. Those intrepid moments in which we, for instance, choose an exceedingly formidable hiking trail, are ill-prepared in rations/clothing/maps, and it’s more of an internal pep talk that goes something like: “don’t give up… your fingers and toes will thaw soon… the views will be amazing… drink your spit… failure is not an option… what’s a little hail?… you will survive… oohh, look, wild blueberries.” You know, genuinely common situations.
But for whatever reason I felt like taking a new tack for the new month, and fully plan to try with all my might to see the everyday in new light. Here goes nothing.
Other than giving my new mindset a whack, I’m very excited that it’s October (pumpkins + squashes + all the Autumn-y things!) and my parents are coming to stay with us next week! So for the next two days it’s cleaning, football, planning, football, and preparing for our guests.
What are you up to? If it’s been rain, rain, rain all the time by you like here, let’s hope it goes away for whatever your weekend holds. Happy October, and don’t forget my favorite links-o-the-week below.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- The first of October is a day to raise awareness about SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) — the sudden, unexplainable death of an infant less than 1 year old that takes the lives of nearly 3,500 infants each year in the United States. Show your support by wearing pink or blue today, and learn more about this terrible cause of death + how to reduce the risk.
- Take compliments on your new bean-cooking skills (see DIY link below if you missed it) with this weeknight (or gameday) Italian wedding soup.
- Who are these people that do not wash their hands? Preschool, day one.
- Now is the best time to plant trees + bulbs for spring flowers… to help save the bees!
- Elsie and Emma make this gorgeous wild-edged table DIY look so simple.
- A win for you wild gesticulators.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Kitchen DIY — Cooking Dried Beans
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!