WEEKEND POST 92
What do you have planned this weekend? It’s the first for regular season football, woo! I feel good about Green Bay; less so about my two fantasy teams. The Packers game isn’t airing here, so we may hit a local brewery or bottle shop, armed with a cooler of game-day nibbles or opt for some simple bar snacks.
Are you tuning in at home to cheer on your favorite team? Going all-out season opener potluck with family or friends (stadium tailgate if you’re really lucky)? Or maybe you couldn’t care less, and are headed outside to make the most of the cooler weather we so long for?
Grill-smoked chicken breast to tuck into hot homemade corn tortillas with red onion, mint and cilantro leaves + oregano-lime red cabbage slaw + sweet, spicy, smoky mole sauce and lime wedges for squeezing to bring it all together. On the side: whole okra charred on skewers + crisp summer ale. Great taste and textural contrasts –– a marvelous celebration of late summer ingredients for this Weekly Suppers memory.
Have a wonderful and safe Saturday and Sunday, but first check out my updates + favorite interwebs links from this past week below. Go Pack, go!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- DYK that prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in the US? Projected to take the lives of about 30,000 men this year, learn about the disease and how you can support those at risk + the nearly 3 million already diagnosed.
- What it takes to make a wine barrel.
- Does it get any better than grilled meat on a stick? Perfect yours before grilling season comes to an end.
- I didn’t know I needed a furry fuzzball pig until now.
- Mesmerizing Appalachian migration superhighway.
- High praise from LSU fans, despite the pigskin upset, on their trip to Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Cretan greens-stuffed calzones with garlic, lemon, dill, chillies, white cheddar + a dash of Ouzo for good measure!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!