WEEKEND POST 86
Hello! What are your plans for the weekend? Hard to believe that two days stand between us and August. If I try really hard, I can see autumn on the horizon, and (please, please) less sticky, sweaty weather.
Then again, moving ahead too quickly means relinquishing all the phenomenal summertime produce. Ah well. We’ll just grill everything we can, drink iced coffees, freeze desserts, pray for rain, and tough it out.
Lovely Weekly Suppers flashback to piles of mixed greens topped with pan-fried herby lima bean falafel, red tomato, the garden’s first yellow pear tomato, shaved cucumber, quick-pickled (homegrown!) red onion, cilantro and lemon-thinned tahini sauce. A fruity Malbec to round it out. Light, and low-key!
As always, enjoy your weekend, and take a gander at a few of my favorite interwebs stories below, if you’re interested.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Rich in fiber, low in calories and packed with important antioxidants, blueberries are to be celebrated in the month of July. Try them in a quick jam, lemony Dutch baby, red cabbage slaw with balsamic, or coated with yogurt.
- Food facts and fancies from the king of Cosmos.
- I’ll only go in if there’s a pool of chocolate jimmies.
- Mother Nature’s fluttery twinklers in flight.
- Grab the littles and solve mysteries of nature at 35 parks, monuments and historic sites across North America!
- If you need another reason to spend time communing with the great outdoors: s’mores pudgy pies.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Herb and onion all-meatballs (grain-free + egg-free + dairy-free)
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!