WEEKEND POST 79
Friends, summer has begun. Unofficially, sure, but the heat and humidity reached oppressive levels this past week.
What better way to slake a serious thirst than sampling regional craft brews? On our quick getaway from the mobbed coast we hit (clockwise from top left): Free Range Brewing, NoDa, Ass Clown (pardon my French), and D9 Brewing Co.
All provided relief from the heat. D9 offered the best brews, with NoDa coming in a very close second (bonus points there for the nod to our childhood). Free outdoor music at Free Range a plus (albeit a little loud), and Trivial Pursuit at A** Clown was a nice touch. p.s. I won at both games, but we weren’t keeping track…
We also found ourselves reliving history in downtown Charlotte, supporting a cute custard shop, on a lakeside hike, and enjoying an al lake-o? picnic while moored in some shade. Always fun to escape reality, even if only for a couple days.
What have you been up to? Any travelling on the horizon? In about a month we’re headed to the Denver area — any recs, please share! In the meantime, check out the links below, and wishes for a happy first full week of June!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- June is World Infertility Awareness Month. More than seven million Americans of childbearing age experience infertility. Learn how best to provide emotional support — encouragement and compassion go a long way.
- I’m covered in mosquito bites right now, and just reading this is making me itchy.
- Eat anywhere. Eat everywhere.
- Love this idea for chicken and scallion kebabs with a pesto made with tarragon instead of basil!
- The French use something delicious to power their homes.
- This is what 1,000 Indian Runner ducks on their way to work looks like.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!