WEEKEND POST 78
Long weekend! We have plans for a short getaway inland, which fortunately takes us far from the poor weather and hordes of tourists headed to the coast. How are you celebrating the unofficial start of summer?
Whatever you do, remember to take a moment on Monday for the real meaning of this holiday — to honor those who fought for our freedoms but never made it home. Happy Memorial Day.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- An estimated 2.5 million Americans suffer from celiac disease, according to the Celiac Disease Foundation, and many more are undiagnosed. May is Celiac Awareness Month — check out some of the myths about this disease.
- Eating disorders are serious illnesses that affect people from every walk of life. Thursday is the first annual World Eating Disorder Day to promote advocacy for early intervention, evidence-based treatment, and ongoing research.
- Wednesday was National Wine Day. Here, it’s every day.
- Headed to the beach this weekend? Respect your feathered friends!
- Rx gardening.
- Ansel Adams pre-Golden Gate Bridge capture.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!