WEEKEND POST 76
We should probably give this more attention than we do, but don’t want to disturb the nesting grackles and their newborn chicks in the output valve of our second floor bathroom fan. Love their jubilant cheeps and chirps. Now if only there was a window into their world!
Thankfully we have alternative entertainment.
I can’t help but laugh every time I look at this — a rare glimpse of kitten-ish Clawde and calm Coon. Those boys! (If you’re wondering, Coon hates the shirt. Huge now he wriggled free almost immediately; though it won’t be the case for long the way he’s packing on the pounds.)
What are your plans for the weekend? After a long week mostly away from home, it’s garden tending, baking and a determined attempt at relaxation for me. Wishing you well!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Osteoporosis is a disease that increases fragility of bones. Fractures are more common, and with those comes pain, often disability + decreased quality of life. It affects women more than men, and typically occurs later in life, but does not discriminate. May is National Osteoporosis Awareness and Prevention Month. Learn what you can do now — at any age — to protect your bones!
- Another new app, Transfernation, aimed at reducing food waste while feeding those in need.
- Please, please just give me the real cheese.
- I don’t like cocktails, but can’t help pondering several of these simple infusions.
- Live in the upper Midwest and fancy a roadtrip? I suggest Minneapolis.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom — in honor of my grandma’s kitty, Blackie (RIP).
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!