WEEKEND POST 73
This brilliant bouquet of my Valentine’s roses adds color and beauty to our kitchen, thanks to a gnarly case of black spot. The bush itself is covered in more massive blooms, but I unfortunately needed to remove nearly half of the canes and all of the leaves to keep the BS (literally) from spreading further. Sad day.
On a more positive garden note, the garage seedlings are in various stages of sprouting, and the branches of our blueberry bush are practically drooping from the weight of its fruit!
What are you up to this weekend? We planned to pick strawberries, but looks like yet another wash-out. It’s a funny little game Mother Nature keeps playing… Instead, building cat toys, more seed starting, pizza dough-ing, maybe an ice cream, and looking into this free online course. Hope your weekend is sunny and great, and don’t miss the links + updates below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- April is Cancer Control Month. Your diet is one of the most important factors under your control that can reduce cancer risk. Healthy eating is also a critical part of any successful cancer treatment, and the best that nutrition — in conjunction with proper medical care — can give your body the fuel it needs to heal and recover. Take action today!
- Confused by the new Dietary Guidelines? This infographic explains the differences between the 2010 and 2015 versions.
- Time to plant — calling all beginning gardeners!
- In honor of Earth Day, mega-star chef Tom Colicchio offers practical tips to reduce kitchen waste.
- A deeply insightful piece about dining out when wheelchair-bound.
- The science of baby-making…
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!