WEEKEND POST 72
Good news. Great news! Two things: First, after near-total annihilation of the osprey/eagle timeshare in a wicked winter windstorm, the osprey couple returned and have taken it upon themselves to rebuild. Nest 2.0 is coming along nicely, soon to be a cozy home for an egg or two. I hope.
Second, we have sproutage! Radishes, carrots, onions, collards and kale are coming up in the raised bed. Likely because their location in the garage doesn’t enjoy quite enough sun, the pepper, eggplant and tomato starters are more hit and miss right now. A few seedlings are poking through while others lay dormant. Say a little garden prayer for them.
Family back home in Wisconsin are heading to our state’s (and one of the country’s) largest farmers market this morning. It’s the outdoor opener, and we’ll enviously keep watch for their photo moments.
A work-day begins the weekend here. Once business is taken care of, there is anticipation of a special meal courtesy of my sister and her boyfriend, more seed-starting, and maaayyyyybee an early trip to the strawberry patch?
Have fun, and be well!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- National Park Week starts today! Through 24 April the National Park Service is offering FREE entry — a perfect excuse to go explore a new park in your area.
- For those without a treetop eyrie to spy on — desktop stalking!
- Up close and personal with common drinks.
- Errrr… ummm… whaaat’s that you say about the grammar-obsessed?
- Fascinating BBC piece on the universal “three hares” motif.
- Now that we’re cultured, another from across the pond about everyone’s favorite lost son on GoT. Have an Apple? Let me know what Siri says!
- Reality check.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Dark and hearty multi-grain soda bread
- While you still can, try my Spicy Fermented Asparagus now featured on Food & Nutrition Magazine’s Stone Soup blog!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!