WEEKEND POST 70
These delicate white blossoms mean that the first wild blackberries are a month-ish away. Happy, happy!
Looks like yet again our outdoor plans will be washed out, though there’s a little hope for tomorrow. Fortunately a couple free hours popped up for me during the week to get the garden’s first seeds in. A survey of the rest of the yard found everything coming along, even slightly ahead of schedule. Sssybil returned to stake her claim of the planter, and can you believe we’ve already mowed the lawn three times? It’s summer!
What are your goals this Saturday and Sunday? Have the farmer’s markets started up in your area? Wish we could get back home to WI for the triumphant return of the Dane Co. FM in two weekends! Maybe in a few years…
Thanks to everyone who helped me celebrate National Nutrition Month® here and on FB + Twitter. Always something I look forward to. Well, enjoy the weekend, and don’t forget the links and updates below!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- The theme of this April’s Alcohol Awareness Month is Talk Early, Talk Often: Parents Can Make a Difference in Teen Alcohol Use, aimed at educating people about the treatment and prevention of alcoholism, particularly among our nation’s youth. Find more information about the campaign and treatment options.
- A poignant piece on why mental health matters from the UK’s Stylist: “Depression lied to my sister, told her that she was worthless. A burden. Unlovable. Undeserving of life.”
- Perfectly pairing herbs with foods.
- Like Uber for culinary start-ups.
- Learn about other countries in the world — fun for littles and adults!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Chipotle Vanilla Smoked Salmon as a National Nutrition Month® blogger
- My mussels recipe/Ireland travelogue is featured on Food & Nutrition Magazine’s Stone Soup!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!