WEEKEND POST 68
In time for Easter next weekend, the countryside is a palette of pastel — fuchsia redbuds, yellow and white daffodils and narcissus, purple crocus, and the newly greening grass as an accent.
Hope to find a few moments between rains to get the first seeds into the garden, and looking forward to our belated St. Patrick’s Day meal tonight: sausages with sticky onion gravy and colcannon. Frothy Guinness, too, of course. What do you have planned? Are you planting yet, or is there still snow on the ground?
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- March is National Kidney Month. If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, talk with your doctor about kidney disease testing. For info on kidney disease and its risk factors, visit the National Kidney Disease Education Program.
- Are cookbook clubs the new way to socialize with your adult friends?
- I’d be broke in Italy, because there’s no way the bank is getting my cheese.
- Never look at an avocado the same way again.
- Sometimes the smallest gestures matter most.
- Natural tips for next Sunday’s egg decorating festivities!
- A reimagination of the lovable little rabbit from the classic tale by Margery Williams.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom, inspired by Velveteen.
Recently on HGN:
- Remember my GF banana-coconut bread? It’s now featured over on Further Food — check it out!
- Have You Met… Mussels
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!