WEEKEND POST 65
Hello! This weekend I’m up to the ruins portion of my Ireland editing. Only 3,234 more photos to go!
Rock of Dunamase, County Laois, Ireland
Just kidding. Only 323 left…
I speak for the south and east in saying what a wild, come-early, spring we’re having. This time last year (and the year before that and the year before that) found us either cased in ice or covered in snow. Strange for the coast, but it happened like clockwork. This February? Thunderstorms, summer-ish temperatures, and tornadoes. Fortunately no twisters in our immediate area, though otherwise wicked gales obliterated the nest our osprey and bald eagle families share. Shared. I’m probably more broken up about it than they are.
Anyway, today it’s back to winter, but the sun is bright. Hopefully things are looking up by you as well. As always, take a look at this week’s round-up of links before you go. Have a most delightful weekend!
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Perhaps to counteract all heavy-food-heavy holidays this month, February is National Grapefruit month. They’re a favorite of ours, and fortunately they’re still in season. Nestle into a green salad with beets, broil halves sprinkled with cinnamon, blend into a smoothie, bake into healthy little muffins, or simply squeeze for the prettiest pink juice.
- Port is good. Really good Port is really good. So why is my glass so dang tiny?!
- Math and classical music nerdery.
- When my husband is deployed or works late, my phone lies next to me in bed. Must. STOP.
- Which of these leggy bookmarks would you choose? I like HP.
- The cats meow: once upon a time post office kitties earned wages and pensions.
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom. (Skies, or nests.)
Recently on HGN:
- Smoky braised collard greens with garlic, dried chillies and lemon
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!