WEEKEND POST 50
Taking advantage of a rare mid-week holiday my husband and I drove south along the coast for a particularly pretty day of exploration. We met some sea creatures (and bumped into sweet friends), ate some sea creatures, hiked with egrets, Great Blue herons, hermit crabs and tree snakes, drove on water, shared a flight at two newer craft breweries, and then came home to eat more sea creatures. Tough to beat that!
This weekend, rest. Do you have fun plans?
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- A group of diseases marked by high levels of blood glucose resulting from defects in insulin production, insulin action, or both, diabetes can ultimately lead to serious medical complications or premature death, and it affects nearly 30 million people in the US — that more than 9% of the population! With proper support and education, these individuals can take steps to control the disease and lower the risk of complications. November is Diabetes Awareness Month and today is World Diabetes Day, so take a few minutes to learn more about the symptoms, causes and living with the condition.
- Want to look and feel young as you age? The time is now to hit refresh.
- “Midwestern nice” is a real thing, and I miss it.
- Please, I beg of you, don’t commit these crimes against cheese.
- Did you hear that soon Guinness will be vegan-friendly?
- On average, more than 15,000 pets find homes on each of the four PetSmart Charities’ National Adoption Weekends. Is your family looking for a new furry member?
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Links and reliving a delicious smörgåsbord on the Weekend Post 49
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!