SATURDAY POST 39
How are you this weekend? I’ve been pretty useless this entire week. Well, no, that’s not true. More than plenty got done for work and with the house and yard. It’s my brain that’s fried. I’m preocccupied to say the very least, because of one tiny detail: my husband is returning home after seven months away!
To avoid the dreaded between-tasks-downtime that sends my thoughts ping-ponging in 1,394 directions at once, kitchen therapy is in full effect. There were fig scones (aftermath above), fig vinegars, and rosemary salt earlier, and today, a trio of peanut milks followed by peppery fig preserves, caraway sauerkraut and a test batch of kimchi.
So, if you need me, I’ll be in the kitchen happily, distractedly making an edible mess. Hope your plans are less chaotic, but still include some time in the kitchen! Enjoy the weekend, and don’t forget to check out the links below (I need your input on which ice cream to make)…
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- August is Kids Eat Right Month. An initiative jointly created and supported by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and the Academy Foundation to mobilize Registered Dietitian Nutritionists in educating families, communities, and policymakers about the importance of proper nutrition and physical activity to promote optimal health of kids and their families. “Shop smart, cook healthy and eat right!“
- I can’t decide which ice cream to make — help! Option #1, option #2, or option #3? TIA.
- Jerry Seinfeld and Julia Louis-Dreyfus reunited by cool cars and (literally) cool coffee.
- And another for the Seinfeld nostalgic with an NYC food tour.
- “Never expect a waffle iron, because goodness is mottled. Heaven help you if you expect crepes.”
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!