SATURDAY POST 29
The magnolia and lavender are coming into their own. I may not have been home much to witness the gradual transformation, but it’s nice to see — and smell — the differences from one Saturday to the next!
What are your plans this weekend? Graduation? Barbecue? Shavuot celebration? Just more of the never-ending yard and garden upkeep (not that I don’t love it) + relaxation before another busy week here. If you need a last minute salad idea, read through the links below and then check out my Sunny Yellow Chop at the end!
But before we begin the merriment, let’s not forget that Memorial Day is more than a three-day weekend. Take a moment today, tomorrow, Monday to honor and remember the fallen who defended our freedom.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- Memorial Day is the unofficial kick-off to summer. Across the nation Americans shed the winter and spring layers, dust off the their grills, crack a few beers and set to barbecuing. It’s glorious and delicious. Be safe, and enjoy!
- An historic Minnesota Symphony Orchestra concert in Havana, Cuba last weekend. Stream the live broadcast.
- Killing Kennedy is the latest book of choice and, horrifyingly, the last in Bill O’Reilly’s series. Where do I go from here?
- My life has improved greatly having discovered StarTalkRadio is in podcast form. 100% more Neil de Grasse Tyson!
- What a lovely love story (and ode to good coffee).
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Weekly Suppers for 11 – 15 May.
- Celebrating this being Mediterranean Diet Month with a recipe for Sunny Yellow Chopped Salad.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!