SATURDAY POST 25
The beautiful spring came;
and when Nature resumes her loveliness,
the human soul is apt to revive also.
— Harriet Ann Jacobs
One of nature’s more beautiful weeds.
The top of my desk is like a war zone. Usually very tidy and organized, the disorder is driving me nuts. But it’s not without good reason. Planning is underway for exciting things on the horizon. Things I promise to explain more along the way. For now, bear with me if the blog gets off-schedule or runs sparse, and pray some of that spring soul-revival heads this way!
Tomorrow I’m off to explore new roads and towns for work. Tonight, loads of quiet sofa-time with our cuddly puss as I recuperate from the morning’s lengthy battle against our aggressive grass (+ a startling visit from our friendly serpentine squatter… I swear I moved that hose… OHH).
It’s times like these I wish for a riding lawnmower, but can be grateful that we have this home and yard to call our own. Ridiculous as the lawn may be (imagine one created by Dr. Seuss), the views are fairly inspiring.
So happy Saturday, Friends. I hope your weekend is bright and spring-y and full of outdoors-y bliss! And don’t forget the week’s links and highlights below.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- April is National IBS Awareness Month. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a long-term disorder that affects up to 1 in 7 Americans. Symptoms range from mild, moderate to severe abdominal pain or discomfort associated with diarrhea, constipation, or alternating episodes of both. While a cure has yet to be found, symptoms can be treated and alleviated with the help of a physician and/or dietitian. Learn more about the signs, symptoms and treatment options, as well as how you can raise awareness of IBS in your community.
- Happy Anzac Day! A brief overview, plus the more important suggestion to ditch the sugary-sweet oat cookies to honor the holiday instead with Australia/New Zealand wines.
- Spring buckwheat salad with asparagus, strawberries and radishes.
- My Tartine Bread starter is almost ready to begin baking with, and it can’t come soon enough because I’m pretty sure this sandwich needs to meet my mouth.
- “I Am Big Bird.” (Great West Wing episode.) Also, remind me to check back for the results of this query, because the lives of nuns fascinate me!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Swirly, twirly and a little bit drunk spring strawberry coco-cream!
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!