SATURDAY POST 18
For two glorious days we gave the brush off to Old Man Winter. Knowing it would be short-lived, I threw open the windows, letting the sunny breezes and smells and sounds of spring flood in around us. But as quickly as it came, the warmth was gone. Windows snapped tightly shut, fireplace and knee-high sweater socks back on, warding off the icy chill.
In my hunkering down, I learned a neat new trick. The photo is squidgy around the edges because it was taken with my phone camera through my binoculars! Finally I can capture our bald eagle, Bernice, in her home-away-from-home. See her there at the bottom, middle-right? You can faintly make out the bright white of her head. Okay, it’s not great, but at least she’s more than the usual speck. Camera hack for the (kind of) win.
And because you’re dying to know how the once-frozen crocus are faring…
I apparently bought a mutant Arctic-turbo strain.
As always, take a look at the links list before heading back to your fun, warm weekend plans! Spring forward tonight.
+ + + +
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- March is National Kidney Month. If you have diabetes or high blood pressure, talk with your doctor about kidney disease testing. For more information on kidney disease and its risk factors, visit the National Kidney Disease Education Program website.
- Crunches stink — six alternatives to work your core muscles.
- As soon as eggplants are in season again (because Indian food is amazing).
- How are my two favorite cheeses not on your list, Saveur? No love for the stinky and the refreshing.
- Chin up, spring is coming!
- This week’s pinned words of wisdom.
Recently on HGN:
- Refreshing, satisfying and all-natural Lemon Poppy Seed Bites for times that call for a sweet little pick-me-up. (#NNM)
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!