SATURDAY POST 01
I can hardly believe it’s Saturday already. The second half of October already! The weeks are flying by — this past one in particular following the Columbus Day holiday.
Last Thursday marked our three-year wedding anniversary, and we had a chance to celebrate with special eats and sips over the weekend. A simple antipasti spread with a homemade batard on Saturday, then on Sunday a whole mahi mahi stuffed with lemon and herbs on the grill. Perfection.
With the day off Monday we kegged our clone of Russian River Consecration (so good), and finally tackled the last stack of paver stones (purchased over a year ago for our patio — hallelujah) by creating a walkway around the side of our house. The rest of the short work week included ambling around like a cowgirl who rode her horse too long (thanks to the frog-squat assumed for nearly three hours while leveling out and pounding in each stone), a wicked flu-shot-arm, and then a jolt of productive energy and brainstorming after an intense, meditative yoga session on Friday. The in-between was punctuated by recipe-testing (cheesecake, bagels, autumn salads), photography and writing, final prep for this upcoming week’s annual dietetics conference, and planning for what’s ahead with Heather Goesch Nutrition.
After all that, I’m sure in need of a restful weekend. Wishes to all of you for the same! Extra special wishes to my mum, who celebrates her birthday today — I love you! And now, a handful of my favorite links from the week.
Some interesting, fun, delicious reads:
- #WildTatas! Show support through yoga for Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
- October is also Vegetarian Awareness Month. Follow my Meatless Mains pinboard for balanced, veg-friendly meal ideas.
- Soup season is coming, and this recipe is top o’ the list.
- Still dreaming of the apple upside-down cornmeal cake my mum, sister and I made to celebrate her birthday during their visit last month. The perfect treat this time of year, especially made with local NC Sun Crisps!
- Bring on the Spanish and Sicilian reds — six intriguing wines to pair with those autumnal eats. Salud! Cin Cin!
- Not sure about the whole electron-sharing thing, but I’m 100% behind the idea of putting my bare feet onto the earth every day as a way to “ground” oneself.
- I’ve followed ThxThxThx for a couple years now. Hysterical notes of gratitude for the little things life has to offer.
- Words of wisdom for the week ahead.
A few things from HGN:
- How to use (and not waste!) the leftover pulp from home-making my Cinnamon Almond Milk + a recipe for fresh, nutritious and flavorful DIY flour. Bonus: it’s gluten-free.
- Only 11 more weeks until 2014, so book a session bundle with me to start the new year already with a bang!
- Are we Insta-pals? It’s a more personal space where I share snippets of my life not featured here or on the HGN Facebook page, and I’d love to see you there! Find me at @hagoesch.
+ + + +
p.s. I love hearing from you! Check back if you ask a question, because I’ll answer it here.
And if you enjoyed this post, please consider sharing. Thanks!